Unbeknownst to us human residents, a critter moved in below in our crawlspace. Now we would hardly begrudge him (or her) a snug nesting place out of the elements. However! It seems we have recently detected the smell of decay under our bathtub. Ugghhhh!!!! Two visits from the exterminator later, we have found no carcass. Perhaps the creature crawled into an unreachable space, after consuming poison from a neighboring property. Ah!
Since I had plans for friends to meet here in a few days, plus a dinner party next weekend, I was none too pleased with having an odiferous home to greet them with. We were able to move the first meeting to one of our other members. But the dinner party is on.
It's a good group of longtime friends we've invited for dinner, and after sharing my predicament with a couple of them, they assured me there are worse things in life. They are happy to use the half-bath off the laundry room, which one friend suggested is far better than the nearest gas station. Another friend offered this good idea: hand out Vicks Vaporub at the door as they enter. A dab of that under their noses and they'll not smell anything else!
Thanks to my supportive friends and their unfailing humor, I'm slowly relaxing about the bad smell in the bathroom, and I'm even able to chuckle (a wee bit!) at it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment